What is GROW?
GROW is a comprehensive spiritual formation and discipleship tool that is specifically designed to help you grow and mature as a follower of Jesus Christ.
GROW is an innovative, web based process that incorporates multiple media elements for learning including assessments, videos, written materials, interactive tools, community forums, etc.
GROW is designed to be experienced in a variety of ways to meet all the possible scenarios and environments for learning:
- In a community group environment
- In a small discipleship group of a couple of people
- Direct one-on-one discipleship
- Friends with friends
- Husband and wife
- At the coffee shop
- In your kitchen or living room
- On vacation
Disciple means "learner" and our goal is to help you be an effective learner and grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and the essentials of your faith. This will cause the transformation God promises you will experience, and that transformation will in turn change your life!
Every individual is in one of four stages of spiritual formation:
Our goal is to help you identify where you are, and to help you get to the next stage of development and spiritual maturity.
We believe that Jesus last command in Matthew 28:19 should be our highest priority:
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..."
At Foursquare Puyallup, we are passionate about people discovering God, entering into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and then realizing their full potential in Christ as a follower of His.
It is in our mission statement:
We present the Gospel message in such a way that Seekers become Believers, Believers become Disciples, Disciples become Teachers and Teachers lead this process.
And it's our #5 Core value as a church:
We value leadership development. We help Seekers to become Believers, Believers to become Disciples and Disciples to become Teachers. We want to encourage and cheer the development process.
We have created the GROW process for that very purpose, and in fulfillment of God's call on the church.
How does GROW work?
Here is how it works:
- You begin by taking a short assessment that will help you identify where you are in the stages of development
- Upon completion of the survey, you will be invited to begin the process by watching a series of teaching videos, with accompanying printable participant outlines
- Each stage has a forum to communicate with others who are in the process with you
- Each stage has a list of the actions and attributes that identify someone at that particular stage of development
- Each stage has a "digger deeper" section for more learning tools and resources to continue to develop and grow
- Upon completion of each stage you will be invited to move to the next stage in the GROW process
Now it's your turn to act!
Get started now in your journey by taking the GROW assessment.